Thursday, February 26, 2015

Camp Day

Today was a very very long day for me, but an amazing day.  At my school, all the year 9 students go to camp for 4 days.  Each year 9 house in the school goes to a different camp and the Snell house, the house that I am part of, went to Motu Moana Scout camp.  It was a gorgeous place to be at and today was a hot and sunny day.  My day started off leaving the house at 7:20 and not getting home until 10:30 and I have to teach in the morning!  But the day was well worth it and much better than sitting in the classroom.  The camp is about getting the students to bond with each other through team building activities.  The students must work together in order to complete the tasks.

The day started out with the students going on a run, I had just missed the run by the time I arrived at the camp.  Then the six groups of students go to different stations for an hour and a half.  The day is broken up by morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner.  There is a lot of eating, but it is extremely healthy eating.  I love how we get a morning and afternoon break for a snack.  It is even like this in the schools!  The night ended up giving out rewards to individual students and to the teams who won at all the activities.  Then, each group put on a skit.  It was so fun to watch the students work together and bond. 



I love morning and afternoon tea!

                                                                                             
 One of the activities was shooting!
The rock wall


So one of the activities was called Hobo stoves.  Using big cans, the students had to build a fire in the can and make pancakes on top! The competition was to see what group could make the most pancakes.  Also for this station, each group had to make a flag to represent their team.
 






When the students misbehave they must do tire runs
 


 


Another activity was the Amazing race.  They had to complete different obstacles.
 


Some water slide fun.  I couldn't get the whole slide in the picture because it was huge.  It went down two hills.
 
 
 
I just love this picture from today.  It was such a perfect and fun time! 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I love the morning and afternoon tea breaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever go back to school, I want to go here! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad to see you are having such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a great way to end college!

      Delete